21 April 2010

Why do they call it the GRAND Canyon?


Okee, so I've been back from the river for a little less than a week, and have been hit hourly with full-on river jones and feeling like I've been torn away from my tribe of freaky boaters. I'm going to try to blog about the trip in more detail, because I have a lot of stories to tell, but for now, here are 20 of my favorite photos we took on the trip.

All photos (c) Jeremy Christensen and Kylan Frye
Just another day in the Corps, where every meal is a banquet, every march a parade.

Captain, my captain

The proud vessel, Desolation, at Havasu. And by proud vessel, I mean 14.5' dorky handmade garage boat that kicked major ass in the Grand.

Jeremy playing a face-melting guitar solo and showing off hidden talents

Kyle Frye (no kidding) my hermano del rio and his mando. I'm getting my fiddle tuned up and joining the Frye family bluegrass band. I hope they know Orange Blossom Special, because that's the only one I got

Scorpion Island, one mile above Pierce Ferry Take Out. AKA 14 Year Old Girl Drink Drunk Beach

Snakin' our way through Helo Alley.
"There ain't enough liquor in this boat right now to keep me happy" -Dave as the 157th helicopter flew over the river.

Jeremy through the travertine tunnel at Havasu

Some pretty flower I used to know the name of at Havasu.

Bug, my river heroine, in Granite. Bob is lookin fine up front, getting ready to kiss the wave

Matt and Mel in Granite with the Beer Pig aka Jug Boat aka GAWDAMMIT FRANKLIN.

Kyle Frye in the Susie Too getting hit by a wave in Granite.

Somewheres in the Ditch

Bocce in Redwall.

Joel contemplates the river, or lunch, or beer, or his lovely lady, but not necessarily in that order.

View downstream of Lee's Ferry. These really aren't in order. Sorry.

Seen during my mornin' pee. Not bad.

The Delta Room, The Nook, The Crown Room and the Kitchen. Fun night.

Sunset on the canyon walls, after a storm

Golly GEE-ology

Cool cloud action.

Tammy Popcorn's back, y'all. She'll kick your ass at horseshoes.

4 comments:

Lexy said...

Wow, you really had to pee.

Mimulus cardinalis.

Franklin said...

Tammy Popcorn! I love it.

GoddamitImissed yall!

Stefanie G said...

Looks like you had a stellar time kyfrye. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Photos are incredible Ky. Very nice! Thanks for sharing...and glad that at least you and Jer had a clean run through Lava! ;o)